Nevada Society of Radiologic Technologists
Recognized affiliate of the ASRT
American Society of Radiologic Technologists
June 26, 2017
Support Radiologist Assistants!
The Medicare Access to Radiology Care Act of 2017 was introduced on March 29 by U.S. Sen. John Boozman (R-AR) as S. 769 and on April 5 by Rep. Pete Olson (R-TX) as H.R. 1904. These bills propose a law that amends Medicare reimbursement policy and supervision levels for radiologist assistants to align them with state radiologist assistant laws.
- For more information and support MARCA, please visit:
Our Chairman of the Board, Chad Hensley, our President, Mary Doucette, and ASRT Vice President of Affiliate and Member Relations, Dana Aragon, explain the importance of medical imaging and the need for state licensure in our state of Nevada.
Nevada Society of
- The 2017 Nevada Legislation session ends today and SB219 did not make it this year. Keep supporting the NvSRT and watch for events in the near future!
- Take a look at our current efforts of the Nevada Legislation Bill!
- 04/15/2017 -- A CALL TO ACTION! We need you to contact your senator! For more information, check out this week's Legislative Update.
- 04/06/2017 -- We are now an official amendment to bill SB219! Check out this week's Legislative Update.
- 03/21/2017 -- The hearing has been postponed. However, you can still advocate for your profession and our proposal by contacting your Senator. Let them know that you are in support of the Radiologic Technologists amendment to SB219.
- Let your voices be heard, these Senators will decide if our amendment is accepted.
- 03/19/2017 -- * IMPORTANT* It is time to show your support! The SB219 Bill with the RT amendment has been transferred to the Senate Committee on Health and Human Services. They have added us to the agenda for Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
- 03/13/2017 -- BIG NEWS!
- Your chair and president were in Carson City on March 6, 2017 to testify on our licensing bill for introduction THIS session.
- Here is a letter from our president, Mary Doucette, regarding their visit to Carson City
The Nevada Society of Radiologic Technologists has made a video explaining the importance of state licensing for those using medical ionizing radiation, for patient safety, and for quality imaging in Nevada.